The Accounting Clerk will provide support to the Accounting Department by carrying out a variety of accounting tasks in a professional manner.
- Prepare and process A/P invoices and payments (complete cycle).
- Responsible for the 3-way match for freight and duty invoice entry.
- Variance analysis and follow-ups of freight and duty invoices with purchasing department.
- Verify and prepare payments (wire and EFT).
- Monthly reconciliation of the Receiver General K84 statement.
- Reallocate Vistex posting (add on program) to the prepaid GL.
- Reconcile statement of accounts.
- Prepare and reconcile credit cards.
- Maintain AP Mailbox and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Participate in and provide support to the AP accounting group.
- Perform other related AP and general accounting tasks, as assigned.
- Diploma in Accounting or hands-on experience
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES AND APTITUDES
- Minimum of 5 years experience in accounts payable.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze and track transactions in an integrated EPR environment.
- SAP experience is an asset.
- Basic accounting knowledge is an asset.
- Experience operating in various bank platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of Word and Excel (pivot tables, formulas, etc.).
- Fluency in English and French (spoken/written).
- Adaptability and flexibility within tight deadlines and changes in priorities.
- Autonomous, solution-oriented, and strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively and accurately.
- Strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and achieve quality results.
- Capable to manage in a systematic way all the frequent interruptions caused by requests from employees, suppliers, and immediate superiors.
It is the employees’ responsibility to :
- Complete all tasks identified in the job description;
- Meet monthly and annual schedules;
- Meet timelines for assigned tasks;
- Work professionally with various groups and clients.